Walk For Better Health And Stay Fit
Walking is really a great way to improve and maintain overall health. Just a 30 min walk everyday can help you to stay away from cardiovascular diseases, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. Walking requires minimal equipment, can be done at any time of day and can be performed at your own pace. Walking is also a great form of physical activity for people who are suffering from obesity, elderly, or who haven’t exercised in a long time.Walking is free to do and easy to fit into your daily routine.
Here are some health benefits which you get from walking. There are both physical and mental health benefits of walking.
- Increased cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness
- reduced risk of heart diseases and stroke
- It increases your muscle strengthening and endurance
- Walking may help clear your head and help you think creatively.
- Walking at a faster pace increases your life span.
- It can greatly help you to reduce symptoms of social withdrawal or introversion.
- It reduces our anxiety, depression and a negative mood.
- It boosts up your physical and mental energy and also raises up your self esteem.
Make walking a daily routine
Try to make walking an important part of your daily routine. Try to walk at the same time each day with same amount of energy. You may find that asking someone to walk with you may help make it a regular activity.
Wearing a pedometer while walking
An instrument which is used to measure the number of steps you take is known as Pedometer. Pedometer may be used to improve motivate you for walking as you can compare the number of steps you have taken to how manyu it has been on other days. The recommended number of steps accumulated per day to achieve health benefits is 10,000 steps or more.
To ensure your safety while walking, follow these tips
- Walk in areas designated for pedestrians. Look for well-lit areas if possible.
- If you walk in the evening or early morning hours, wear a reflective vest or light so cars can see you.
- Wear sturdy shoes with good heel and arch support.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your walk to stay hydrated.
- Wear sunscreen to prevent sunburn, even on cloudy days.
(this content taken from sakshi news)