Firemen were hampered by narrow streets and shortage of water while trying to douse the blaze.
Hyderabad: A furniture godown was gutted in a fire accident in Jiyaguda on Sunday. Firemen were hampered by narrow streets and shortage of water while trying to douse the blaze.
Police said the godown that was attached to a house caught fire due to short circuit at about 9 pm. Fire personnel rushed from Langer Houz but their fire tender could not enter the narrow lane. The fire personnel managed by laying pipes for 90 feet. Then they ran out of water. Fire officials said the water works staff was not available to send water tankers with the series of holidays.
They asked the GHMC to provide for tankers. Hyderabad district fire officer M. Srinivas Reddy said the GHMC then sent a tanker to assist the firemen. Two more fire tenders from Chandulal Baradari and Moghalpur rushed to the spot at about 9.30 pm.
37 total views, 3 views today