Meenkashi was admitted to Gandhi Hospital on June 22 after suffering the burns.
Hyderabad: Fifteen-year-old Meenakshi, from Bhongir, who had suffered severe burns after a drastic reaction to an antibiotic administered by doctors at Kamineni Hospital in Nalgonda, has died.
Meenkashi was admitted to Gandhi Hospital on June 22 after suffering the burns. She was undergoing treatment for seizures at Kamineni Hospital when she suffered a reaction to drugs for a condition called Steven’s Johnson syndrome — a life-threatening skin condition. The doctors at Kamineni then sent her to Gandhi Hospital.
Dr J.K. Reddy, superintendent of Gandhi Hospital said, “The skin was completely burnt due to the reaction. Body temperature is controlled by the skin and when both layers are burnt it is not possible for the body to survive.”
33 total views, 3 views today