2007 Hyderabad twin blast case verdict today
The blasts claimed 44 lives, leaving 68 injured
The victims and family members of those who died in the twin-bombing at Lumbini Park and Gokul Chat in 2007 are eagerly waiting for the verdict, which is likely to be pronounced by a local court on Tuesday.
Verdict was postponed
On August 27, the Second Additional Metropolitan Sessions Judge (in-charge) T Srinivas Rao postponed the judgment to Tuesday.
The blasts claimed 44 lives, while 68 were left injured.
The verdict against five alleged accused — Mohammed Saddiq Ahmed Sheikh, Akbar Ismail Choudhary, Farooq, Anique Shafiq Syed and Tarik Anjum — may be delivered at a court hall in Cherlapally central prison here, where they are currently lodged.
The trial against the accused, all alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives, was shifted to the court hall in the prison from a court located in Nampally court complex in June for security reasons. In August, arguments and counter-arguments in the case were completed.
Three separate charge-sheets were filed against the seven accused by the Counter Intelligence Cell of the State police, which investigated the case.
Other two accused, Riyaz Bhatkal and his brother Iqbal Bhatkal, are still at large.
Syed Raheem (67), a painter, who lost his left eye in Gokul Chat bomb blast, said that for the last 11 years, he had been waiting for the judgment day.
“I lost my entire career after I was injured in the Gokul Chat blast. My family and I pray to the God that the accused must get stringent punishment,” he said.
100 total views, 6 views today